Thursday, February 14, 2019

Chaos Theory
Roger motioned for me to move my feet. I laughed and pointed to a table across the cafeteria, suggesting he sit there.

“I just came from Trevor’s room,” he said. “You’re missing all the fun.”

“What’s going on?” I asked, not sure I wanted to know.

“I almost got run over by a herd of doctors and nurses rushing into Trevor’s room. It doesn’t look good. Cara’s husband told the police where to find Cara.  She was resisting arrest when they asked us to clear the area.  Sue was so upset she peed herself a little and threw up.”

“Damn,” I said quietly. “What a morning.”

Roger continued. “I caught Billie staring at a pill cart parked in the hall, like she was window shopping. One of the cops I knew from back in the day said they’d gotten new info about Josh and my bike. They’re looking for him. The detectives suspect I was working a scam with Josh.”

“It just keeps getting better and better.”

“Almost forgot,” Roger said, handing me a set of keys. “There’s a dog in Cara’s car. You’re supposed to take care of her.”

Today I will accept life can be chaotic.

Dogged Determination ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment