Thursday, February 7, 2019

Involved
When Cara walked in she didn’t seem to notice Trevor lying in the bed, sprouting wires and tubes everywhere. She hugged me and began sobbing.

“He left me,” Cara said. “I didn’t think he would.”

I smelled booze on her breath.

“Cara, what did you do?” I asked, knowing the answer.

She ignored the question. “My husband left me. He’ll be back. He can’t live without me.”

I thought that though they’d shared the same house, he’d been living without her for some time.

Today I’ll stay involved in the lives of loved ones.

Dogged Determination ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment