Monday, February 4, 2019

What’s Going on in There?
“I wish I had your patience,” Billie said to me when Sue ducked into the Ladies Room.  “I love Sue, but she’s getting on my nerves.  She’s always talking about how she doesn’t deserve the good things in her life.  She can’t let go of her past, not even a little. Doesn’t seem to bother you, you just smile.”
 
I put on my most serious face. In a hoarse whisper, I said, “You only think I’m patient because you don’t know I’m constantly fighting the urge to strangle someone. It’s my fear of prison that forces me to act calm. That way nobody suspects the evil running through my mind.”

Billie quoted the old slogan, “Don’t compare your insides to other people’s outsides.  Don’t feel bad about yourself because somebody looks happier, calmer, more together than you. You never know what someone is thinking or feeling.”

Today I won’t compare my insides to other people’s outsides.

Dogged Determination ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment