Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Admit One
Cara wasn’t at the next Monday Knights AA meeting.  I asked Roger if he’d heard from her. He told me she had missed a court date.  “She refuses to deal with the court until they reduce the charges to vandalism and reckless endangerment. Now there’s a warrant out for her arrest.”

I shook my head and quoted the second half of the tenth step, “’And when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.’ She better admit she was wrong soon or she’s gonna spend some serious time locked up.”

“The longer you wait to admit, the more things turn to shit,” Roger said.

 “Wow, that’s beautiful,” I said laughing. “Have you thought about writing poetry full-time?”

Today I will promptly admit when I’m wrong.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment