Thursday, March 21, 2019

Let There Be Light
Trevor texted, ‘I got my prescriptions filled. Maybe I learned my lesson.’

‘Halleluiah,’ I texted back. It took me several tries to spell halleluiah, even with the help of the spellcheck program. I thought, ‘when someone close finally sees the light it brightens your world as well.’ Several examples popped into my head, mostly from people I had known.

When a parent finally recognizes his kid isn’t a saint and needs some guidance.  (I learned doing family assessments that everybody’s child got in with the wrong crowd, none of them were the wrong crowd.)  When people accept they’re addicted and decide to do something about it. When she finally sees he’s a control freak and walks away.  When he leaves a job that’s killing him, even if the money is good. 

The list went on. Thinking about people who’d seen the light brought a smile to my face.

Today I will be happy for friends who finally see the light.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment