Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Miss Match
I didn’t really want that job,’ Billie texted. ‘Just another example of me being Miss Match.’
‘Miss Match?’ I texted back.

She texted, ‘Miss Match… mismatch. What I need/want isn’t what I’m chasing.  I met someone nice.  I need to let go of my anger with my ex. It’s been years since he took off.  I want to see if I could make it work with this new guy.  I’m working more instead.’

There was a long pause as she typed more.

‘It’s like someone who’s empty inside, but instead of finding something they’re missing, they fill that void with alcohol or food. It’s a mismatch.  Miss Match is really, really likely to become addicted to the mismatch. I’m well on my way to becoming a workaholic.”

Today I’ll beware of Miss Match.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment