Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Uphill Battle
The next day Blondie came home to see a band but the show got canceled.  We ordered pizza instead. At the end of the night her car wouldn’t start.  We called my brother-in-law who owns a service station in New Jersey.

“Sounds like your starter,” he said.  I could almost hear the cash register ringing at the local garage. 

Blondie drove back to school in my car. I arranged to have her car towed. 

In the morning I got online to post my blog, but my laptop wouldn’t work. I got a message the security programs weren’t running.  I tried to scan and got a message a virus had been detected.  The scan stopped and I spent an hour starting and restarting my computer as directed by the security programs.  I thought I could hear some programmer somewhere laughing.

I wanted to beat the car starter with my laptop, but decided against it.  I didn’t own the laptop. 
‘Some days just start uphill,’ I said to the dog.  ‘Some days #$%^#$ do.’

Today I will accept some days start uphill.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment