Monday, March 18, 2019

Help By Any Other Name
“I wanted to say hello to Cara,” Jack said.  “Have you seen her?

I explained Cara’s legal troubles.  I added, “She relapsed.  She has a hard time admitting she needs help. I expect it will be a while before she comes back around.”

Jack rubbed his chin, and said, “I knew a guy like that.  We had to change the way we told him he needed help. We’d tell him he wasn’t asking for advice, he was doing research.  He wasn’t getting assistance, he was adding subcontractors.”

“That worked?”

“Deep down he knew it was a word game, but he could accept help under those terms most of the time.  Sometimes though, he couldn’t, and things turned out badly.”   

Today I will accept whatever help I need, no matter how it’s presented to me.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment