Friday, March 22, 2019

Complaint Department
That day wore on and on. When Dr. Deb got home from work we ate on the deck.  I didn’t share her cheerful mood.

“Nice to be outside,” she said.

“It’s supposed to rain tonight,” I answered.

“Aww, look at the deer,” Dr.  Deb said, pointing to a doe and two fawns who’d come to eat the bird seed that had fallen from the feeder.

“They carry ticks that cause Lyme disease.”

“We’re growing old together,” she said, brushing an almost white lock of my hair aside.
I thought for a moment, kissed her, and said, “I have no complaints.”

Today I’ll be grateful for having no real complaints.


Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment