Thursday, March 7, 2019

Memories
Several days later I picked up Trevor at the hospital. He was being released but wasn’t cleared to drive. I filled him in on what he’d missed.

“Sorry to hear about your dad,” Trevor said. “You sad, or are you OK?”

“I’m sad and I’m OK,” I said. “The funeral was rough. Lunch afterward was a little brighter.  We went to my niece’s house later. That felt like a celebration.”

“Good memories?”

“We shared a ton of good memories. He was a character.”

“I envy you,” Trevor said softly. He had very few good memories of his father. For a second I felt his loss more intensely than my own.

Today I’ll be grateful for good memories.

Dogged Determination ©2018 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment