Thursday, March 14, 2019

Booster Shots
A couple days later I went to the Monday Knights AA meeting. The usual crowd was there. So was Jack, Katie’s husband.

“Hi Jack,” I said extending a hand.  He shook it and read my expression.

“Hi Ken,” he said. “You’re wondering why I’m here.  Katie was the alcoholic, not me.”

“Well, yeah.”

“I had to get booster shots to strengthen my immunizations before I go overseas.  Being here is like a mental booster shot, building up my determination not to mix alcohol and grief.” 

“Where you going? I asked. He didn’t answer. The look in his eye told me I was better off not knowing.

Today I’ll seek out mental booster shots.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment