Tuesday, October 8, 2019


If you do what you always did…
“In fact,” I said to Brat Boy, “I’m going to ride thirty miles on the stationary bike today.”

He saw me pack two Gatorades into my gym bag. “So this time you’re gonna do it right,” he said, “actually hydrate while you pedal?”

“Yep, and I’ll spend a month building up to the 62 miles.  I’m hoping for a warm day in November, anything above 50 degrees to ride the course again.”

“You know what they say, ‘if you do what you always did, you will get what you always got.’ Have to do things differently once you’ve failed.”

“You’re learning, son.”

Brat boy laughed. “I already knew. You’re learning. Maybe someday you’ll be as smart as me.”

“Brain functioning deteriorates as we age. If I live long enough, I may become just a little smarter than you.”
Today I won’t do what I always did.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose
Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment