Friday, October 18, 2019


Creative People
After the morning presentation I drove three hours to an afternoon training at a college. On the way I listened to an audiobook.  The story was well-written, with vivid characters and jolting plot twists.  The ride passed quickly.

When I had gotten sober there were four TV networks.  They signed off at midnight or 1:00 a.m.  Like many people in early recovery I had trouble sleeping.  Many nights I paced my small apartment, with nothing to watch, too restless to read a book.

Now my choices in entertainment were endless. Creative people wrote stories for dozens of networks.  I could listen to podcasts, or surf the internet with its endless content.  Not all the diversions were good, but creative people had given me almost limitless options.

Today I’ll be grateful for creative people.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose
Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment