Friday, October 11, 2019


Not My Bad
I sat down next to Billie at the Monday Knights meeting.

“Cara’s drunk again,” Billie said, shaking her head. “She blames me.”

“What did you do?” I asked.

“I won’t have a big church wedding she can plan.  She’s still mad that Sam called off his engagement after she paid for the caterer. You don’t think that’s what really drove her to drink, do you?”

“I think people are tired of her shenanigans. Maybe her husband wasn’t as happy to have her back as he seemed to be. She’s feeling rejected and wants to drown her sorrows.”

“You think she wanted to get drunk and I was just a convenient excuse?” Billie asked.

“I think people are always looking for someone to blame for doing bad things they really want to do.”
“I’ll be damned if I’m taking responsibility for her actions, even if I am her best friend.”

Today I won’t take responsibility for other people’s actions.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment