Thursday, October 31, 2019


Healing
“Wanna grab something to eat?” I asked Trevor after the meeting.

“Can’t,” he said, shaking his head.  “I agreed to go shopping with my ex.  Just a couple of stops at the outlets.  I’m guessing ‘a couple of stops’ means every store that doesn’t interest me.”

I laughed, “Sounds painful.”

“I’m the one who wounded the relationship. I stopped the bleeding when I quit drinking. Now I have to make amends, clean out the wound.”

 “You always have to do more than stop doing something to heal the relationship,” I said.

“I know, but why does it have to be shopping?  Why couldn’t the healing start with a me going on a three day fast, or having her hit me with a baseball bat?”

“You’re always looking for the easier, softer way,” I said.

Today I’ll do more than stop the bleeding.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment