Thursday, October 17, 2019


I’m Going To Prison
I presented a training entitled “Suicide, Violence, Mental Illness, and Addiction” in a maximum security prison on a gloomy, rain-soaked day. I expected the mood to be somber. Could I have picked a more depressing topic?

The prison staff seemed to enjoy the presentation. People who worked difficult jobs in sometimes dangerous situations found things to laugh about. They enjoyed each other’s company.

I had been anxious about entering the prison, but after the presentation I wished I’d had time to talk to some of the prison staff. As I left for another training I thought, these folks refuse to let anything bring them down.
Today I won’t let anything bring me down.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment