Friday, October 25, 2019


The EKGB
Billie brought her new boyfriend to the next Monday Knights meeting.  His name was Bo, and never ask him for his full name.

“She’s told you about her ex?”  Bo asked when Billie went for coffee.

“Slutdog,” I answered. “He was a piece of work."

“He was a piece of something.  Anyway, because of him she’s joined the EKGB.”

“The EKGB?” I asked.

“They use EKGs to check your heart. The KGB watched Russians’ every move.  Billie has joined the EKGB. She’s afraid of getting hurt again, so she’s always  watching for signs I’ve had a change of heart. Constantly reassuring her gets old.”

“You’d both be happier if she let the past go and enjoyed the moment without fearing the future.”

He nodded.  I thought the EKGB didn’t limit itself to romantic relationships. At times I’d been part of the EKGB, overly concerned with other people’s feelings toward me.  Time to resign from the EKGB and live in the moment, not worrying about how other people felt or reacted to me.

Today I’ll resign from the EKGB.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose
Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment