Monday, October 7, 2019


Back on the Horse
“Are you going to ride in the tour next year?” Brat Boy asked.

“I’m going to try to do a 62 miler on my own before winter,” I said.

“Why not wait?”

“Because the longer I wait, the more time this failure has to percolate. The sooner I get going the more likely I am to do it.”

“Get right back on the horse, get right back on the bike.”

I said, “Exactly, I’ve seen people relapse, feel crushed, and drink more to deal with that feeling. They have a much harder time getting started on their recovery again.”

Today I’ll get right back to it.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose
Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment