Monday, October 28, 2019


Of Time, Patience, and Wedding Cakes
Billie sat back down. Trevor joined us. I asked about date night with his ex.

He smiled and said, “Better than I expected. She’s forgiven me for a lot.  Only problem is she wants to go slow and I want to go back to where we were twenty years ago. I want to do it now.”

“But time takes time,” Billie said.  “You have to be patient.” She looked at Bo, who smiled and her and reached for her hand.

I laughed. “Especially if you got drunk at your own wedding reception and threw cake at your guests.”

“What?” Bo asked. I told him the story.

“Trevor grabbed a piece of wedding cake to smoosh into his wife’s face. She said ‘don’t you dare,’ so he threw it at his best man. His best man laughed. A very drunk Trevor took this as a signal he should throw cake at all the groomsmen, his new father-in-law, his mother, the mother-of-the-bride, and the ring bearer. By the time his brother dragged him away, the wedding cake was a pile of crumbs and icing.”

Trevor looked away. “Well, she may never forgive me for that.”

Today I’ll remember time takes time.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment