Tuesday, November 19, 2019


Double Down
Roger lost the election, but not by much.  He seemed a little down about it. Trevor told Roger to buck up, even some of his old cop friends voted for him. 

“They’re amazed at how you turned your life around,” Trevor said.  “They think you could do the same for the school district.”

“Think you’ll run again?” I asked.

Roger held out his arms as if her looking at them for the first time.  His tattoos, many of them acquired in prison, included no butterflies or unicorns. He touched the thick scar above his right eyebrow.

 “I’ve been through it,” Roger said.  He smiled, “Once you’ve come back from something, it takes something twice as bad to slow you down.  Boys, I’m gonna run again.”

Today I know I can survive twice the setbacks I’ve survived already.
  

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment