Wednesday, November 6, 2019


Too Much of Anything
The next day Kim asked if I could look after her dogs.  She had been called out of town on business.

Kim’s tiny apartment consisted of three rooms on the first floor of an old house in Shadyside.  I had expected three dogs, but found five instead.  And a cat. And a bowl of cat food set outside for the stray that she hadn’t been able to coax inside yet. 

The dogs barked happy little barks, their tails wagging furiously.  I heard the cat purr as she wound around my leg. “Who wants to go outside?” I asked the pack. More happy barks, louder purring.  I walked through Kim’s kitchen and opened her back door. 

“Her heart’s in the right place,” I said to a pitbull mix named Alice when they came back inside, “but this place is just too small. She’s a dog and a cat away from being an animal hoarder.” 

Today I’ll remember too much of anything is never good.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment