Friday, November 22, 2019


Not Beyond Repair
It was a day for celebrations. Trevor’s phone rang, or rather, it started playing a song from Frozen.
Let it Go is your ringtone?” I asked. Roger and I laughed. The Youngstown Kid shook his head.

“Shut up,” Trevor said. “I lost a bet.”  He answered his phone, listened for a moment and said, “Fantastic!”

“What?” I asked.

“My ex and I put a bid on a house in Wexford.  We got it. We’re moving in when our houses sell.”
Every day at the rehab I saw people heartbroken because a loved one had severed all ties, their relationships damaged beyond repair. I had always thought Trevor’s marriage was one of those. 

I had destroyed more than one relationship when I was still drinking.  I was grateful for those I hadn’t destroyed and those I’d established after I got sober.

“Couldn’t be happier for you,” I said to Trevor.

Today I’ll be grateful for relationships not damaged beyond repair.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment