Monday, November 18, 2019


Limits
Two months later I got a text from Billie. ‘Want to be a witness?’

I texted back, ‘Depends, are you planning to kill someone?’

Billie and Bo wanted a simple wedding with a few friends. Billie’s mother and sister kept adding to the guest list, and arguing with Billie about the ceremony.

‘We’re going to the courthouse. I’d like you and Dr. Deb to come. Afterwards we’ve reserved the back room at that barbeque place on Route 19.’

‘Your mom won’t take this well,’ I texted, ‘but good for you, it’s your wedding.’

‘I didn’t want a big church wedding the first time,’ Billie texted. ‘I’ll be damned if I’ll let them guilt me into doing it again.’

There was a long pause as Billie added to her text.  ‘I always blamed my bitterness on my ex. I’m finally ready to admit part of it came from resenting trying to keep my mother and sister happy. Time to set some limits.’

Today I will set limits.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment