Friday, November 15, 2019


Smart People
That night Blondie sent Dr. Deb and me an essay to edit.  In the essay, Blondie explained the relationship of real to imaginary numbers in complex variables with respect to x and y, including something about them being analytical.  I read the essay out loud, twice.  

“Who doesn’t know that?” I said to the dog.  She wagged her tail in agreement.  It occurred to me that I understood the math just about as well as the dog did.

Knowing I would never know what any of it meant, I took stock of what I did know. I knew not to pick up the first drink – bad things almost always happened when I did. I knew I was incredibly lucky for the friends and family I had in my life. I knew I had little control over many things, but more control over how I reacted.  The list went on.

Today I’ll take stock of what I do know.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment