Monday, November 25, 2019



Nosebleed
Sue rushed in, Baby Katie in her arms. She handed the toddler to me.  “I’ve had to go for 45 minutes,” she said.  “I got stuck in traffic on the Vets Bridge.”

I pulled Baby Katie’s face close to mine and we rubbed noses. She smiled. I lifted her above my head. She giggled.  I bounced her on my knee. She laughed.

I lifted her up again. She kicked me, under my nose.  Blood flowed.  So did advice on how to stop the nosebleed. Tilt your head back. Pinch the bridge of your nose. Lean forward. Stand in a circle of salt and recite the Greek alphabet backwards.

“Are you OK?” Sue asked after she returned from the Ladies Room. “I’m so sorry.”

I laughed. “Baby Katie’s such a sweet kid, she could take out one of my eyes and I’d still pick her up.”
Today I’ll accept the good with the bad.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment