Thursday, November 21, 2019


Doubles and Halves
Billie and Kim sat down. I sensed something was up. Neither said a word other than ‘hi.’ They looked at each other. Billie tilted her head and made a gesture with her eyes. I didn’t see whatever it was she wanted me to see.

Finally, Billie said, “God, you men are so stupid! Look at Kim’s ring finger.”

We did. Kim had gotten engaged. Hugs and congratulations all around.

“We’re getting married right after Billie and Bo at the courthouse,” Kim gushed. I’d never seen Kim or Billie happier. I remembered the old saying, ‘joy shared is doubled.’ 

Knowing Josh and Cara wouldn’t be there damped everyone’s spirits a little, but the feeling quickly passed as we talked the weddings. Sorrow shared is halved.

Today I will remember joy shared is doubled, sorrow shared is halved.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose

Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment