Monday, November 11, 2019


Family
The next day we celebrated Brat Boy’s birthday.  Brat Boy arrived with a bag of laundry nearly as tall as his girlfriend CharChar.  CharChar brought her smile, which lit up Brat Boy’s face.  He held her like he hadn’t seen her in months.

 TyGuy, Blondie’s boyfriend, came even though he had to be up early the next day for work. Blondie couldn’t have been happier.  She punched  him.  He flinched. “You’re such a baby,” Blondie said. “Are you sure you played football?” 

When my sister BB rang the bell everyone,  including the dog,  ran to the door to greet her.  “BB!” the kids said in unison, happy to see her as they exchanged hugs all around.

I hugged Dr. Deb. “How’d I get so lucky?” I asked her.

“You married well,” Dr. Deb said, hugging me back.

So many people don’t have family, I felt truly lucky to have mine.

Today I will be grateful for family.

Dogged Determination ©2018 & 2019 by Ken Montrose
Dogged Determination is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment