Wednesday, July 15, 2020


Sleep
That night I took an inventory of my day. I’d gotten a lot done. I had spent my time with my family. I hadn’t wished once my children were back at school, studying abroad, maybe the National University of Tierra del Fuego at the tip of Argentina or the University of Tromsø in northern Norway. Not that I’d given it a lot of thought.

I hadn’t given Dr. Deb one reason to kick me to the curb. I hadn’t picked up the first drink or done one thing to be ashamed of.  

They say a clear conscience is the softest pillow.  I drifted off to sleep, grateful that I could.

Today I’ll look forward to a good night’s sleep.

Summer with the Slug Rats © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Summer with the Slug Rats is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment