Thursday, July 2, 2020


SUMMER WITH THE SLUG RATS

Redundant
The spring that fed my pond started a little ways uphill. I dug a large hole in the dry spring bed, building a small clay dam between the hole and the rest of the pond. Adam the frog watched me.

“The next time it rains,” I explained, “this hole will fill with water.  If we have another dry spell, I’ll break the little dam to add water to the main pond.” Adam made a croaking noise that sounded like ‘redundant.’

“Yes the digging the pond deeper should be enough, but why not add a redundant back-up plan just to be safe?” I asked Adam.  I gave him other examples of being redundant in a good way.

“If I’m going to be around alcohol, I always have Dr. Deb or somebody in recovery with me.  I also try to have my own way home in case I want to leave. 

“I tell Dr. Deb I love her. I show her I love her just to be sure she knows. And, I mention it in my blog. It’s always good to be redundant with the people you love.”

Today I’ll be a little redundant.


Summer with the Slug Rats © 2020 by Ken Montrose
Summer with the Slug Rats is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.
Other works by Ken Montrose are available at: www.greenbriartraining.com https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment