Friday, July 31, 2020

SUMMER WITH THE SLUG RATS

New Day Dawning

I woke up thinking about the unfinished application. I shook off the dread as I slid out of bed.

“New day,” I said to the dog. “Gotta be grateful for a new day.”

Most of my days were full of promise: another sunrise, a fresh cup of coffee, ‘I love you’ from Dr. Deb, a chance to do some good in the world. With luck, I’d get to spend time with Blondie, TyGuy, Brat Boy, and CharChar.

I’d learned in challenging times a new day was an opportunity to chip away at something hanging over me. Another day wading through the swamp brought me that much closer to dry land. Surviving a tough day proved I was up to whatever life threw at me.

“New damn day!” I said again to the dog. She wagged her approval.

Today I’ll be grateful for a new day.

Summer with the Slug Rats © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Summer with the Slug Rats is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

www.greenbriartraining.com  

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment