Thursday, July 30, 2020


SUMMER WITH THE SLUG RATS

Judgment Day

By the afternoon I realized I wasn’t going to meet a deadline. I’d put in extra hours, come to work on a Saturday, and worked at home on an application. It hadn’t been enough. We’d have to pay a late fee to get our trainings approved for psychologists.

After I got done beating myself up, I got another cup of coffee. What would I say if Flyin’ Ryan or the Marketing Maven told me they’d missed a deadline?  Thanks for ruining my life and the lives of everyone who works here? Polish your resume and pack your stuff, you’re outta here?   Not likely.

I’d probably shrug, and tell them you can’t win ‘em all.  We’d more than make up for the late fee by adding psychologists to our audience.  Let it go, focus on the next deadline.

I still felt frustrated, and a little angry with myself, but I said to my laptop, “I’m not going to judge myself more harshly than I’d judge a good friend.”

Today I’ll judge myself no more harshly than I’d judge a good friend.

Summer with the Slug Rats © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Summer with the Slug Rats is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

www.greenbriartraining.com  

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment