Monday, May 17, 2021

 

Fawlty Showers


Practice

I went to an AA meeting that night. I guy I called ‘The Preacher’ was there, yakking away to anyone who would listen to his thoughts on recovery.  I sat with some other oldtimers on the other side of the room.


An anxious newcomer stood halfway between us and where The Preacher was holding court. I waved her over.


“He likes to preach,” I said. I pointed to some of the other oldtimers. “They like to practice.”


“Practice what?” she asked.


“Practice acceptance. Practice sober hedonism.  Practice just being in the moment, sipping their coffee, leaving their troubles at the door.”


She smiled, “I’d like to practice that.  I’ve had enough of people preaching at me.”


Today I will practice rather than preach.

 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment