Tuesday, May 4, 2021


 Fawlty Showers


Past That

I sent Semi-Colin a picture of M.A. ‘His name is Moondoggy Alpha but he prefers to be called M.A.’ I texted. Semi-Colin sent back three thumbs up emojis.


‘Send me a picture of the cat,’ he texted.  I did. There was a long pause. ‘Does he have a parole officer?’


‘He’s a bit ragged, has a few battle scars, but he’s got a sweet disposition now.’ I looked at the deep gouges Cuddles had inflicted on me when I took him to the vet – mostly sweet disposition.


There was another long pause.   I texted, ‘He used to be a fighter. He was an alley cat, he had to be. He’s left that behind him. Now he’s a rehab cat who wants to be a house cat.’


An even longer pause. I texted, ‘We can all be grateful for things we’ve left in the past: bad relationships, addictions, miserable jobs, insane neighbors, etc.’  


‘LOL, not sure what that has to do with adopting a cat.’


I wasn’t sure either, but I made a gratitude list of things I’d left in the past, starting with drinking and my mullet.

 

Today I’ll be grateful for things I’ve left in the past.

 


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment