Tuesday, May 18, 2021


 Fawlty Showers


Listen Up

The woman’s name was Margaret. She was fortyish, blonde, too thin, and starting to gray.  There was tenseness about her that made me wonder if she wasn’t shaking inside.  


“What do I have to do next?” Margaret asked. “This is my first AA meeting.”


Stanley, a battered, scarred man in his 90s with a road map of broken blood vessels on his bulbous nose wiggled his uni-brow and said, “Try not to stare at me, I’m more than just eye-candy.”


His friend Talmadge said, “Make snarky remarks about The Preacher until the meeting starts.”


I rolled my eyes. “Ignore them. Sit relax. It’s a speaker meeting tonight.”


Stanley smiled. “Missy, all you got to do for the next hour is listen for something you can use. Take that something home, think about it, decide how it can help you.”


Talmadge nodded his head in agreement. “The trick is to find the nugget in the ore. It’s usually there, but you gotta really listen.”


Today I will listen.


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment