Tuesday, May 11, 2021


 Fawlty Showers


Present

“Any more meanings for ‘one day at a time’?” I asked.


“Make your plans and wait for the right day to get your revenge,” someone said. I made a note to read his chart.


“One day at a time live in the present moment,” someone else said.


A woman staring into her coffee added, “Right about now my husband can’t find the remote. My kids are eating cereal from the box because there’s no milk. I just know they’re all wearing mismatched socks and wrinkled shirts.”


“And you’re trying not to worry about it, just focusing on being here,” I suggested.


She laughed, “I giggle like a little girl every time I think about it. Bet they appreciate me now. Oh, the present moment is delicious.”


I laughed too, but asked if anyone else was focusing on living in the present moment.  


Today I will live in the present moment.

 

 Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment