Friday, May 21, 2021


 Fawlty Showers


Making the Best of a Bad Situation

At the next staff meeting Randy announced the county inspection had been moved up a month. We had to make a decision about the animals sooner rather than later.


In the end there was no choice to be made.  If we didn’t find a home for the animals the county would refuse to renew our license.  The county evaluator would shut us down.


I wanted to rant and rave and get a lawyer and see if I could borrow my friend’s St. Bernards to leave their calling cards in the county evaluator’s yard and/or convertible.


I texted Semi-Colin instead.  He still wanted to adopt MA and Cuddles. He would be happy to have our staff visit the animals as long as we called first. 


I told my colleagues Semi-Colin lived ten minutes away, and we could arrange lunchtime trips to see them.


“I don’t like giving them up,” Randy said, “but this may be the best we can make of a bad situation.”

 

Today I’ll make the best of a bad situation.

 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment