Thursday, May 20, 2021


 Fawlty Showers

Whose Issue Is It?

At the end we all got up to thank the speaker. The Preacher made a beeline for the podium. 

Talmadge helped Stanley to his feet and handed him his walker. Everyone else waited for Stanley to make his way to the front of the room before lining up behind him.

When Stanley reached the podium, the speaker said to The Preacher, “Excuse me,” and gestured toward Stanley leaning on his walker. 

“Sure,” The Preacher said, “but one more thing,”

“I don’t want to leave him standing there too long,” The speaker said. The Preacher didn’t move.

“Right. This will just take a minute. I think…”

The speaker said, “I don’t know why you need so much attention. I hope you figure it out, but today I refuse to allow your issue to become my issue.” With that she stepped around him and shook hands with Talmadge and Stanley.

I turned to Margaret the newbie who was standing behind me. “Well there’s my nugget of wisdom for the day. “

 

Today I won’t let someone else’s issue become mine.

 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment