Thursday, May 27, 2021


 Fawlty Showers


The Whole Picture

On Saturday I drove to North Park to ride my bike. On a flat stretch I passed a heavyset man on what I thought was a mountain bike.  A mile or so later, he passed me going uphill.


I berated myself, “You’re so out of shape. No more junk food, more bike rides.”


Near the end of my ride he passed me again. I was mortified I’d been lapped.  As he peddled away, I saw he was riding an electric bike. A battery powered motor helped him pedal uphill.  I had judged myself harshly without seeing the whole picture.


A friend once told me she wished she could be as patient with her kids as I was with mine. I hadn’t the heart to tell her I had no patience for her three little monsters either.


“Don’t judge yourself too harshly,” I told her, “See the whole picture, you’re a good mom.” The fact she’d never duct taped them to a tree showed an amazing amount of patience on her part.

 

Today I won’t judge myself until I see the whole picture.

 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment