Friday, May 14, 2021


 Fawlty Showers


Might as Well

“Did you know your kid has to volunteer for the Navy?” Dana asked. “You can’t just drop her off at the recruiting station.”



I said, “I think just about everyone living in America knows that.  What did your daughter do now?”



“Nothing. Evertything. I’m slipping into the ‘might as wells,’ as in ‘I’m tired of fighting with my little Princess, I might as l well let her do whatever she wants until she leaves home’.”



“I’ve seen might as well kill a lot of good things. I’ll never stay sober on my birthday, I might as well drink now. I’ll never finish school, I might as well quit now.”



“I’ll never reach her, I might as well stop trying,” Dana said with a heavy sigh. “For me, that making the next right decision we were talking about comes from telling myself I might as well not. Not eat the junk, not give up on my kid.”



“I’ve stayed sober a lot of years telling myself I might as well not pick up that first drink.”



Today I might as well not.

 


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment