Wednesday, May 5, 2021


 Fawlty Showers


Pick Your Battles

Semi-Colin texted me he’d love to take the ferret, but maybe not the thug cat. I texted they were a package deal. He texted he’d talk to his wife.


The next day I told my colleagues about finding MA and Cuddles a home. They weren’t thrilled.


They thought we should fight to the death to keep them. Abigail pointed out I was supposed to be mounting a media campaign to stir up public support.


“Sometimes you pick your battles,” I said. “I can’t guarantee they won’t be dragged off to an animal shelter, so I’d rather place them in a good home.”


 “Maybe you’re right about picking your battles,” Katy said. “I can’t make my mother go to the retirement home so I visit her every other day.”


 “I’d like to have my daughter’s dimwit boyfriend fixed,” Dana said. She made a snipping motion with her fingers in the air. We waited, but she didn’t say what she could do instead.

 

Today I will pick my battles.

 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment