Monday, May 3, 2021

 

Fawlty Showers


Follow Through

When I got home, I got Semi-Colin’s number from Brat Boy and texted him immediately.  Experience had taught me many a good idea died because people, including me, hesitated.


My laptop was full of half-finished stories and plot outlines.  I’d hit on an idea I really liked, but not follow through with the actual writing.


At my old job people would call early in the morning, ask if they’d reached the rehab, and then say ‘never mind’ or hang up.  Some of my therapy clients repeated the same behavior over and over, never following through with the changes they recognized they needed to make.


I always thought treadmills should come with built-in shoe racks and hangers for people who bought them but never followed through with their plan to exercise more.


Today I will follow through.


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment