Wednesday, May 12, 2021


Fawlty Showers


Progress

After group I got a text from Semi-Colin. His wife Beth had agreed to take the cat and the ferret.


I breathed a big sigh of relief. Halfway home, I just needed to convince my colleagues to give up Cuddles and MA.


My mood darkened remembering our last staff meeting. Katy was on board with finding a home for the animals, but Abigail and Randy opposed the idea. Dana was fixated on sterilizing her daughter’s boyfriend, and didn’t seem to have an opinion. 


“No, I’m gonna take a moment and appreciate the progress I’ve made,” I said to my laptop. “If you wanted to lose twenty pounds and lost ten, you’d celebrate that progress.  If you made it halfway through a training program or college, you’d celebrate your progress.”


I hadn’t noticed Dana the intern standing in the door. “If you only talked to yourself in private, you might consider that progress, but…”


Today I’ll focus on the progress I’ve made so far.

 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment