Monday, May 24, 2021

Fawlty Showers

Sometimes It’s The Destination, Not The Journey

Two days later, after we’d all said our goodbyes, we moved Cuddles and M.A. to Semi-Colin’s.  The move was traumatic to say the least.


Cuddles not only tore up my hands, he managed to claw through my shirt, shredding a patch of skin on my chest. MA walked into the crate on his own, which made Katy start crying.


Cuddles hissed and spit the whole way to Semi-Colin’s. Katy cried while Dana cursed.  Because of traffic lights and stop signs, the ten minute walk was a fifteen minute drive.


I wasn’t happy, but I didn’t cry or curse. The trip was a miserable, but I knew Semi-Colin would take good care of the animals. Semi-Colin’s son Dash would give the animals all the attention they could ever want.


“Sometimes it’s the destination, not the journey,” I said to myself. “As you stumble through the desert, picture the oasis.”

 

Today I’ll remember sometimes it’s the destination, or at least a stop along the way.

 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


 

No comments:

Post a Comment