Thursday, May 6, 2021

Fawlty Showers


Rigorous Honesty

After the meeting I got a text from Semi-Colin. He wanted to know more about Cuddles the cat. I told him Cuddles loved the ferret, sunshine, and playing with string. He asked if the cat had any bad habits, like peeing where he wasn’t supposed to.


I hesitated. I really wanted Semi-Colin to take both MA and Cuddles.


My first sponsor had told me if you start lying about little things, you’ll soon be lying to yourself about big things, like why you’re having your lunch in a bar.


‘He hates to go to the vet,’ I texted. I sent a picture of the scratches on my wrists.


‘That’s it?  You should see the way Dash fights me when I put him in his car seat.’ He sent me a picture of a black eye he’d gotten from Dash’s little foot as he strapped him in.


Semi-Colin texted he was sold, he’d just need to convince his wife.


“It pays to be honest,” I said to my laptop.

 

Today I’ll practice rigorous honesty.

 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment