Friday, April 30, 2021

Fawlty Showers


“God Grant Me…”

“This isn’t going to be easy,” I said to the steering wheel. I had to convince my coworkers moving MA and Cuddles was the best solution. Semi-Colin and Beth had to be willing to adopt a ferret and a cat. MA and Cuddles had to accept living in a new home.


“Or,” I said, “I could do nothing.  I didn’t bring MA or Cuddles into the rehab. It wouldn’t be my fault if they were removed by the county.”


I’d feel bad, thinking about the animals in a shelter, waiting to be adopted, most likely separated and not understanding why. Knowing it wasn’t my fault wouldn’t be much comfort. Still, getting them a home was going to take some effort.


I thought about the middle part of the Serenity Prayer. “Sometimes it’s not courage you need to change the things you can, it’s energy and determination.”

 


Today I will find the energy to change the things I can.

 


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment