Monday, April 19, 2021


 Fawlty Showers


A Day’s Worth

‘How many days have you been sober?’ the tweet asked.


It’s fun to count your days I thought, but more important to look at how well you did what you needed to do.

Early in recovery there were days when all I could do was hang on. Sometimes it seemed like I wasn’t accomplishing much. I was like someone shouldering grief, not giving themselves credit for doing what had to be done until better days came along.

The weekend before I’d started to sink into the couch, where I’d spend more time picking a movie than watching one. I got up, went to the gym, and afterward fished a stream, making the most of my down time.

I had promised Dr. Deb I’d do some yardwork while she was away. Instead of just cutting the grass, I planted flowers, edged, and put up a new bird feeder. Her smile told me I’d gotten the most out of my day.

Today I’ll compare what I did with how well I did it.

 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment