Wednesday, April 21, 2021


 Fawlty Showers






Help

Katy got the carrier out of the closet. I called Dana on the intercom at Katy’s desk.


“Katy has a job for you,” I said. “Part of your internship.”


Katy grabbed her phone and said, “Ignore him, he’s being a coward.”


Cuddles was sleeping on a chair in my office when I crept in with the carrier.


He woke, saw the carrier, and immediately began to hiss and spit. I shut the door behind me.


I tried to reason with the cat, pointing out it was just an exam.  He needed to get a clean bill of health to stay at the rehab.  Cuddles wasn’t having it.


Sometimes people try to hurt you as you try to help them. Your family member storms out of the intervention telling everyone to go to hell. A friend explodes as you tell her the new boyfriend is shady. A mom screams at you from the stands any time you redirect her little LeBron wannabe.


“You try to help, even if your help isn’t appreciated,” I said to Cuddles.  I never got the blood stains out of my shirt.


Today I’ll try to help, even if that help might be rejected.

 

 Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/


No comments:

Post a Comment