Thursday, April 29, 2021

Fawlty Showers


Retreat, Rethink, React

On the drive home I worried about MA and Cuddles. Someone had once told me when I hit a brick wall I should retreat, rethink, and then react.


Retreat: the more I thought about it, the more certain I became we couldn’t keep them at the rehab. I needed to accept it, step back, and consider other options.


Rethink: what other options were available? Keeping MA and Cuddles together in a good home might be the best we could do.


React: Brat Boy’s friend Semi-Colin had a toddler I called Dash. (Dash never walked, he dashed everywhere, a tornado of clutter and joy.)  Both Semi-Colin and Dash were fascinated by ferrets. Semi-Colin's wife, Beth, wanted a cat. 

“Might be the best we can do,” I said to myself.

 

Today I will retreat, rethink, and then react.

 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment