Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Fawlty Showers


What Doesn’t Kill Me

“What doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger,” Katy said.


I winced. “I’ve always believed that saying is only half true. What doesn’t kill me could strengthen or weaken me, depending on what I do next.”


“Oh, how so?”


“Last time I had a drink, I crashed into a county sheriff. My life was a mess. It strengthened my determination to stop drinking. I haven’t had a drink since.”


“So it did make you stronger.”


“Yes, but If I went out and had one beer, I’d know I should get right back on the wagon. Instead, I might say to myself, ‘well that didn’t kill me.’ It would weaken my commitment to sobriety, make it easier to pick up the next beer or three.”


 Katy nodded, “It’s all about what you do after something doesn’t kill you.”


 

Today I’ll remember it’s all about what you do after something doesn’t kill you.


 

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment