Wednesday, April 28, 2021


 Fawlty Showers


“Not That Count, Discount!”

I ran into Marti smoking in the parking lot a few days later. I told her she did the right thing by waiting for the money until she was a little deeper into recovery.


 “I almost took the money,” Marti said.


“But you didn’t,” I pointed out. “Give yourself some credit.”


Marti shook her head. “But I wanted to. I was drooling thinking about how drunk I planned to get.”


“You’re making me crazy,” I said. “Quit discounting the positive.”


“Doing what?”


“Refusing to accept a compliment.  Not giving yourself credit. Discounting the positive you’ve done.”


“OK, but I really, really wanted to take the money and run.”


“I’m going to run you over with my car,” I said.


 

Today I won’t discount the positive.

 


Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

No comments:

Post a Comment